POSITION PURPOSE: The ideal candidate must possess abilities in a wide range of design related projects including web, social media, UX, print and collateral design. This individual will help to develop creative briefs, attend project planning meetings with the design team. Should have an unrelenting commitment to the importance of the creative product and its ability to contribute to the future success of both Boncom and the client.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and/or coordinates the development of design concepts, artwork, illustration and layouts in a wide range of formats that involve public information, community outreach, marketing and advertising materials, and presentations.
- Prioritizes and ensures the timely completion of projects in consultation with the Art Director, and works closely with Marketing and Communications Department staff at all levels.
- Provides design consultation for a wide variety of Bonneville clients.
- Prepares files for publication, and may provide design and layout consultation to other staff, as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Strong digital and web experience
- Excellent sense of typography
- Collaborates well with other designers to create consistent design, but can also take a project and run with it
- A strong sense of classic design, while staying current on the latest trends and techniques
- Media-savvy and knowledgeable about latest social trends and news
- Impeccable organizational, communication (including grammar and spelling) and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Proactive and highly motivated self-starter with a results oriented mindset
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Second language ability a plus, but not required
- Ability to work well with ESL speakers a plus, but not required
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in graphic design, communications, advertising, or a directly related field.
Experience: Equivalent to at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional level experience in graphic design. Additional experience with web-based design and applications is desirable. Motion Graphics experience is a plus, but not required.