POSITION OBJECTIVE: 1) Design a variety of graphics for: daily news including over-the-shoulder keys, on set graphics, production graphics and animations. 2) Design graphics for: special series, documentaries, promotional, sales, and community events needs, i.e., on-air package graphics, logos, and print ads.
1. Design news keys, content graphics and special opens for news series and documentaries for KSL TV News.
a. To have a working knowledge of the computer graphics equipment, still
store and other related software required putting the graphics on-air.
(Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects, Cinema 4D, Chyron Lyric, ENPS.
b. Work with producers, reporter, directors, and production staff to create
a professional look and maintain accuracy in all graphics.
c. Work with the other Broadcast Designers to maintain and back-up the
computer graphics equipment. Organize the reference material as needed. Help co-workers when needed.
2. To work on special projects as assigned by the Art Director. To complete projects in a timely fashion and to KSL-TV News Services professional standards. These projects may include special, promo graphics, opens and set design as needed.
- College degree in graphic design, design artwork, a related field, or equivalent.
- A working knowledge of graphic software including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D and Chyron Lyric.
- Ability to design a variety of graphics for daily newscasts.
- Must understand the importance of accuracy, both in spelling and content of on-air graphics. Spell checking a must! Work with producers, reporters, directors, and production staff to create a professional look and maintain accuracy in all graphics.
- Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Self-starter, capable of performing under pressure and making good decisions fast, particularly during peak hours to meet job deadlines. The service performed affects the on-air product and may incur financial or time loss to the company.
- Willing to accept responsibilities and be able to work under minimal supervision. Demonstrated initiative and show innovation in problem-solving.
- Portfolio of artwork and/or demo reel will be required.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to stay awake and alert during late shifts.