KSL is pleased to announce the availability of a marketing and promotions internship for KSL Broadcast Group (KSL TV, KSL Radio, KSFI-FM, KRSP-FM). We are looking for students who are interested in a NON-PAID learning opportunity, where they can extend their communications and marketing education beyond the classroom. The position is ideal for the student interested in pursuing a career in marketing, promotion and advertising in a multi-media environment.
PURPOSE: Under the direction of the assigned internship coordinator, this KSL Marketing and Promotion internship is designed to provide students with a strong interest in broadcast and internet communications an opportunity to be involved with the daily operations of the KSL Broadcast Group marketing and promotions. Assignments might include: contributing and researching promotional ideas; involvement and participation in station events and promotions; updating daily website content; and daily involvement with station marketing activities.
• Needs to be registered at a university, college, community college or vocational-technical institute on a full-time basis. Priority will be given to students of junior/senior status, or in the last year of a community college or vocational-technical program.
• Prefer someone working toward a career in broadcast communications (marketing and promotions). Applicant needs to be in good academic standing and possess knowledge of current events.
• Needs to be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter. Proven ability to be precise and accurate.
• Good writing, production and conversational skills to transmit information clearly and efficiently.
• The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately 20 hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, the intern coordinator and the intern's academic advisor. Hours may vary based on station events and activities.
• Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
• Proven ability to handle stress.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Final discretion as to assignments while participating in the internship program will remain with KSL.
• Persons participating in the KSL-Programming internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment. KSL may terminate internship at any time.
• Final selection of a KSL intern from among those expressing interest rests with KSL.
• Must sign and abide by the Internship Agreement. University or college must also sign and abide by the agreement.
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
• Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
THE APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT:
• A completed internship application form.
• A current academic transcript.
• A letter from the applicant's university or college verifying arrangement of credit for the internship.