Deliver clear and energetic traffic reports from the KSL Traffic Center Fill-in for vacations/time-off (we are hiring for two shifts 1) M-F 6am-9am (15 hours per week 2) M-F 4pm-7pm (15 hours per week).
1. Anchor traffic reports during drive time and others as scheduled by KSL NewsRadio.
2. Reports on traffic through use of Traffic Link System Commuter Link, camera setup, Cellular traffic reporting network and monitoring of police scanners.
3. Have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of KSL policy and FCC rules and regulations.
4. Attend staff meetings and meet regularly with the News Director for airchecks.
5. Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal KSL matters, company strategies, client's proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any other sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers and by not distributing KSL's proprietary research or other information to competitors.
8. Maintain assigned equipment.
9. Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
10. Work effectively in a team environment.
11. Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
12. Consistently work hours required. Work more when required to meet deadlines including split-working schedule, odd shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime, etc.
13. Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
14. Personal growth and development.
15. Able to manage stress effectively.
16. Other duties as assigned.
• At least one year of commercial broadcasting experience or equivalent in radio/television news.
• Enthusiastic person who enjoys traffic reporting. Someone who is excited about performing traffic reports and wants to be a critical part of KSL's on-air presence.
• Have an acceptable on-air presence and voice quality, which exudes confidence and projects a professional image. Ability to enunciate clearly read copy fluently and ad lib required.
• Ability to monitor emergency traffic, video images, and computer data for possible stories for both KSL Radio and Television.
• Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure. Be willing to accept responsibility and work under moderate supervision while resolving varied problems, which require general knowledge of company policies and procedures in reporting.
• Someone who wants to grow in our industry and loves broadcasting.
• An in-house audition reporting on traffic conditions under the direction of KSL News may be required.
• Be able to answer phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner while providing accurate information.
• Valid driver's license and proven ability to safely drive company vehicle or personal vehicle (as case may be) without exposing the company to serious liability risks and willing to travel.
• Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
• Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including split-working schedule, odd shifts, weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime, etc.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
• Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.